Thursday, January 14, 2016

When Opportunity Knocks -- Update

Wow, it has been such an incredible week! I have been slammed with amazing opportunities lately, and have been so excited to share them with you all.
I received the invitation to give a lecture to 30+ students Wednesday at a local college. (I know right?!) I felt like a true educator once again, having a room full of students listen to my every word with interest and reception. I wore a blazer, and even had a power point like a true professional speaker. :) I focused mostly on the mechanics of autoimmune disease, then divulged into the specific affects of Scleroderma on the body. After a 45 minute presentation we had a 30 minute question and answer period, and they soaked up every minute! It was wonderful to hear responses afterwords such as, "wow, I never knew autoimmune was deadly! Our books don't cover that." "You may be the best guest speaker I have heard my entire student career!" (That last one actually made me quite giddy! lol) My lecture seems to have truly impacted these students, and that makes my heart so happy! They will all be incredible nurses one day to some very lucky patients. I've got to say, public speaking may be one of my absolute favorite activities! it awakens both the performer, and teacher in me. 


Me looking very professional!

I have also been quietly in the works with a few companies on testing out, or relying my input on some incredibly unique products to ease the life of patients in the near future. I have been on the phone with companies this week from all over the world. (Seriously, I was on a conference call with the founder of a revolutionary feeding tube from Israel!) One of these products being an exclusive form of cannula that will transform the way oxygen is delivered to its users. Check out my review video for the upcoming Oxy-Breather below!




Lastly, I was once again invited to speak at the National Scleroderma Patient Education Conference! Yay! So if you would like to meet The Tube Fed Wife, join me in New Orleans this summer to learn all about Scleroderma. What is incredible to me is that ALL these opportunities have stemmed from sharing my personal story with illness. This blog has opened doors to a world I could have never imagined, and I could not be more grateful! Thank you all for reading, and supporting my journey to spread awareness, compassion, and understanding. Have a lovely week!

4 comments:

  1. You're so adorable! You're rockin' that wig, gurl. I wouldn't have known! How cool is that one sided cannula?? That's such a smart idea! And that's so cool you got to speak to a class. I'd be so nervous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Amanda! Hugs from one blogger to another! :)

      Delete
  2. You're so amazing! Do your thing girl, and congrats on the awesome achievements this week!
    -Ashley Trawinski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! I hope you are doing well my Sclerosister!

      Delete