Sunday, October 2, 2016

Hallelujah - Singing For Stem Cells Video

"And even though it all went wrong, I'll stand before the Lord of Song, with nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah."

When I first became sick I thought I was stripped of my voice forever - only to realize I could use it in a different capacity. I went from a classical vocalist, to a patient educator after my diagnosis, traveling all over the country to teach seminars on finding the beauty in illness. Now, as I fight for my life awaiting a Stem Cell Transplant, I find myself using my voice to ask for help from others. A voice can do an incredible amount of good, and I hope to continue to use mine after this life-saving treatment to educate, support, and empower patients. Please watch and share my video, or create your own, using the hashtag #singingforstemcells All proceeds benefit my stem cell transplant happening late this fall.





3 comments:

  1. Your voice is enough to bring somebody to tears, in the most beautiful way. I've been following your blog for around a year now, and the fight you have in you is one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous voice!! I realize this is an old post, but I just came across your blog, and decided to read it from the beginning. I haven't looked ahead, so I'm extremely hopeful that you will have a successful transplant, and that you are doing as well as possible at this time! I'm extremely isolated with serious and progressive autoimmune diseases as well, although not anywhere near to the extent that you are. Sending you love and a hug from beautiful Sacramento CA.!! Again, your voice is just lovely, and I hope that perhaps you may have included another song here before I get caught up!!

    ReplyDelete