Thursday, June 24, 2021

June 2021 Update


Happy Summer Everyone! I am so thrilled to see sunshine in Seattle. This will be a short and sweet update - likely the last for a good while too. My Jejunal tube was pulled this month as I am now sustaining 100% orally. While my nutrition and diet aren't exactly a perfect science at the moment, it is enough to sustain a mostly functioning human. I am BEYOND thrilled to have one less medical device in my body! My Gastrostomay tube was swapped out for a lower profile button as well. This will continue to be used for draining residuals. As of now, I am no longer, 'the tube-fed wife.' ...You know, getting rid of your lifeline is actually quite frightening. My head was swimming with the, 'what ifs.' What if this treatment suddenly fails? What if I need my J tube again? Remember how terrible that surgery was!? But, I have decided I cannot live in the 'what ifs,' all I can do is move forward. So here I am, marching forward with one less tube, ready to take on whatever comes next. I sincerely love and appreciate each and every person who has followed my long journey via this blog. However, I hope we never have to meet here again! lol Let's connect on another life path that has less to do with failing health... Shall we? ;)

If you're interested in my next adventure, please find me on Insta @thetubefedwife

Signing Off,

Chanel

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Chanel. I have followed you on your journey from the first, as it coincided with my own health journey and I am over the moon happy for you and for your "new" journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Chanel.......Sooooo Happy for You !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations my Precious Friend!! I've got You on Insta, so no problem there. Gotta keep You in my Prayers, because that is what Friends do!! I Love You Dearly and Divinely and I'll stay in touch!! Thank You Dear One!! 💛🙏❤😇❤🙏💛

    ReplyDelete